Zipp 454 NSW Tubular Disc-Brake Rear
Our top road pros demanded we offer the revolutionary Zipp 454 NSW as a Tubular, so we made it just for them… and for you! The 454 NSW Tubular Disc-brake wheelset brings together the advanced aerodynamics and stability of its biomimicry-derived Sawtooth rim profile with the benefits of disc braking. This wheelset was developed for professional racers as well as cyclists who prefer the time-proven ride qualities of riding tubulars with cutting-edge aero technology. Utilizing the principles of the emerging science of biomimicry, Zipp engineers studied the environment around them for instances of how nature achieved speed, control, and efficiency. A humpback whale’s fast and graceful movements thanks to the tubercles on its pectoral fins. These structures inspired Zipp advanced development engineers to, for the first time, systematically apply biomimicry to solve the complex challenge of designing a wheel, with the undulating Hyperfoil nodes, that reduces both aerodynamic drag and side force. The 454 NSW’s Cognition DB V2 Hubset is re-engineered with Axial Clutch V2 for quicker engagement and lower friction. Every time a conventional hubset starts to coast, friction within the freehub ratchet mechanism works like a drum brake to slow the rider down. The drag between the hub shell and driver body during coasting is considered as efficiency loss, especially for road wheels. The solution? The rear Cognition V2 hub with AxialClutch V2 technology reduces drag by disengaging the ratchet mechanism when coasting. The AxialClutch V2’s wave spring acts to re-engage the ratchet mechanism quickly and consistently once the rider starts pedaling. The hubset also is lightweight and durable.
- A cosmetic identity that screams speed, Zipp graphics applied using Zipp’s ImPress direct-print technology
- Cognition DB V2 hubset rolls efficiently whether you are pedaling or coasting. Its Axial ClutchV2 technology reduces drag and lowers friction
- Sawtooth rim with Hyperfoil nodes and HexFin ABLC dimple pattern for top aero and crosswind-stability performance with an undulating 53/58mm rim depth
- Center locking rotor interface. Lockring is included
- XDR or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies
- Ships with 12mm front and rear end caps
- Campagnolo driver body sold separately
- Lifetime Warranty
|Brake Compatibility||Disc (Center Lock)|
* Subject to change without notice.